Something I miss:
That's easy. My boyfriend, Danny!
Danny (Elder Holland) is on a LDS mission in Anchorage, Alaska. He will be home in August 2012.
How long have we been apart? Seven and a half months! :)
I get the question almost everyday... "Do you miss your boyfriend?" Do I miss him!?! Of course! I can't even begin to explain how much I miss him. I remember the week before he was leaving for two years I told him I wasn't going to take any kisses or hugs from him for granted anymore. You don't realize how much a hug, or a kiss, or the text every morning that says "Good Morning Gorgeous, I miss you", or the simple but most powerful words "I Love You" mean until you don't have it everyday. But I have learned something in the past 7 and a half months...
*****
Going without someone you love for as long as Danny and I have is when the little things seem so incredible too. Letters, my name on an envelope, his hand writing, pictures, the smell of his cologne, certain places that we have been together that hold a special memory of us. I'm so happy I have learned to appreciate and love the littler things in a relationship that most people miss because they aren't going through what Danny and I are going through (Unless you are an MG or MB, of course lol)
This has made me realize that the little things are so important as well. If people can learn to appreciate the little things, the bigger things will seem even larger
*****
I'm so lucky to have a boyfriend/missionary that writes me every p-day :) I don't just get a little letter either. I get pages and pages every week :) He knows exactly what to say to make me feel his love even 3000 miles away.
He makes me laugh, he makes me smile, he makes me so proud!

No comments:
Post a Comment